Ethan will be 22 months old at the end of this month, so only a few days away, and Alyssa will be 7 months old, also at the end of this month, so I thought it was a good time for developmental updates for both of them.
- Talking up a storm! He repeats EVERYTHING we say. He is putting several words together, mixed with his language to make a sentence. Usually, when asked a question, he responds with, "No, I shldilsdkfajdfjj the water (or whatever you asked him)." It’s really cute, and he almost always starts with, "No, I", even if he means yes.
- He knows when he poops and has sat on the big potty several times. However, actually using it has been accidental for now.
- He feeds himself with a fork or spoon quite well, although still a little messy.
- Ethan has been holding and drinking out of a "big" cup for quite some time. He usually manages quite well, unless he gets excited and forgets he’s holding it, or knocks it over accidentally.
- His favorite movies/shows/videos are: Blues Clues, Alvin and the Chipmunks (aka da Munks), Veggie Tales, Finding Nemo
- He plays air drums and air guitar, and he claps on beat (takes after his dad in these areas).
- Ethan is learning to count and when you say one, he says two. Sometimes he will say two, six.
- Ethan can throw a ball, jump, dance, run and climb.
- He likes to dance and sing. He sings along with some of his favorite shows and does some of the hand motions.
- Ethan weighs 30 lbs.
- Cutting her 2nd tooth, (right behind her first one that just came in a week ago)
- Beginning to pull herself up to stand while holding on to furniture
- She says Dada which we have directed to being Jesus
- She’s getting better at not crying when Mama leaves the room. She starts, but quickly stops now.
- She’s been sitting up for quite some time (since 4 months I think) and can go from sitting to crawling and vice-versa.
- Sasa (as Ethan calls her and so has become one of her nicknames) eats almost anything as long as it’s small (obviously)
- Alyssa is a people person and loves people! She watches people and likes to be around them at all times.
- She weighs 20 lbs. 12 oz. as of her last appointment which was 3 days ago. The Doctor said she is doing exceptionally well!
Pretty soon we’ll have a third little one to update on. Oh, I guess I could do that right now! Baby boy with no name yet, has a heart rate of 144 and mom measures 32 cm which is right on! That’s all I know…lol. Trisha is due September 17, but I’m hoping for the 22nd as that is my birthday!