One of my friends set that as her status on Facebook. I saw it and decided I wanted that to be my motto for 2011 as well. You see, being disciplined, and staying disciplined, is one of the biggest areas I struggle with. I get side tracked easily and if I don’t see results right away, I tend to stop doing whatever it was I was working on, whether it’s budgeting, dieting, business ventures, and even spending time with God. Yes, I admit, I’m not very disciplined at spending time with God each day.
So, for 2011, I really want to be more disciplined! I really want it, so therefore I have to be determined to be disciplined. According to Dictionary.com the definition of determined is:
- resolute; staunch
- decided; settled; resolved
And synonyms of determined are:
- inflexible; unfaltering; unwavering
Therefore if I’m determined to be disciplined, then I will be disciplined. Does that make sense? I also looked up disciplined and while there are several definitions for disciplined, the one that fit the best in this context is:
- activity, exercise, or a regimen that develops or improves a skill; training
Therefore, in order to be disciplined, I need to incorporate activities, exercises and regimens that will help develop and improve the areas I want and need to improve upon. And those are:
Alone time with God:
- Set aside 15 minutes a day, each day to get alone with God in prayer and thanksgiving.
- Start out each day with prayer and thanksgiving to God
- End each day with prayer and thanksgiving to God
- Build up to at least 1 hour a day, but not stopping there
Losing Weight and Exercise:
- Praying about joining Weight Watchers again (is it financially smart?) I know it works, but I don’t know if we can realistically fit it in our budget. I’ve tried losing weight on my own, but obviously it’s not working.
- Setting aside 1/2 hour every day for exercise. I have several DVD’s I can work out too right in my own living room.
- Determining to stick to it. I start out strong, but then fizzle out after a few weeks. (Figuring out why I do this)
- Jeff and I have been doing Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover and it’s a great program. Still tweaking the budget so we don’t run out of money before the next pay period and so that we can get our emergency fund built up and save money for other necessities…like new vehicles (not brand new, but new to us).
- Tithing: Malachi 3:10 says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” Jeff and I tithe, but I have let the tithe slip now and then when it seemed impossible to make ends meet. I’m not going to do this any longer. We will bring the whole tithe into the storehouse and test God to see if he will not throw open the floodgates of heaven!
- Praying about my business ventures: Full Blog Support, AVON and as the church secretary.
- Right now I have a writer for Full Blog Support, but thinking I should get back to doing all the writing myself, due to our financial situation. This of course requires more time. Or should I spend my time building my business and getting more writing projects, which will bring in more money. Hmmm, that sounds like the wisest way to go.
- As far as AVON goes, I love the product and love the discount I get on it, but honestly I don’t think I have enough time to really pursue building it as a business. Will pray about it though.
- And as the church secretary, I’m working part time, 15 hours a week is what I get paid for, but I really do LOVE it the most and feel it’s what I’m called to do! I’m praying that God blesses our church so much that they need me more (and can pay me more). It’s looking promising
For 2011, I’m Determined to be Disciplined! It’s not a resolution; it’s determination!