I haven’t posted anything on here since Karlie’s graduation party in June. WOW! That is waaaaay too long to stay away! ALOT has happened since then!!! I will try to give you the condensed version of my crazy life…no need to bore you with all the details.
Since my last blog post, here is what has happened:
- My sister and her family came to visit all the way from New Mexico
- We volunteered at the Big Ticket Festival
- Celebrated the 4th of July with my family by going to the beach on Lake Michigan and watching Fireworks in Mackinaw City
- My sister’s husband and all but one of her kids drove back to NM; Sister and youngest stayed here.
- Did a lot of shopping, some garage sale-ing, making of Mexican food, beaching and swimming.
- Went on a youth outing with our youth group from Burt Lake, up the Indian River to Mullet Lake which included boating, tubing, swimming and eating lots of junk food.
- Major church drama that I don’t want to and won’t get into here. (But it’s all working out for the good 🙂 Praise God!)
- Took my sister and her daughter to the airport in Grand Rapids; stayed the night there; hit 3 malls in one day 🙂
- Oooh, got asked to be a bride’s maid in one of my BFF’s wedding’s in November.
- Ordered my dress for said wedding
- BFF from Missouri came to visit for a couple of days…wasn’t long enough!!!
- Attended the reception for a young couple who used to be in our youth group…beautiful!
- Have another wedding coming up this weekend for another young couple who also used to be in our youth group!
I think that’s it in a nutshell.
During all of this, I’ve basically just kept up with my business, working here and there when needed to keep things afloat. Now that all the company is gone, I’m going to focus on promoting my services and building my business. I’m also going to get back on track with my weight loss efforts! As a matter of fact the friend who’s wedding I’m in in November, she and I started a new weight loss challenge…50 pounds in 4 months!
Lots still going on. I imagine there always will be. It’s fun and I love my life. Sure, there are areas which aren’t so great, like finances, church drama, etc., but overall, I love it and wouldn’t change a thing. God has me right where he wants me for now and I’m praying and listening for when He’s ready to move me/us.
Karlie starts cosmetology school in the fall…I imagine I will get to be her guinea pig 🙂 Watch for new dos…often! LOL.
Grandkids are all getting big and very vocal! Dylan (almost 2) is speaking in 3-4 word sentences now…soooo cute! Ethan (almost 4) is starting pre-school at the Christian school and is so smart! Remmy (almost 7 months) vocalizes her opinion frequently through screetches and other cute baby noises. And grandson number 3 is due in September. I’m sure he will make his presence known very vocally as well. 🙂
I’m looking forward to Fall. I love Summer…it’s my favorite season, but I’m foreseeing Fall as a bit more relaxing…and definitely cooler!
Jeff and I are praying to move back to Gaylord. That of course means we have to get this house on the market, so we have been doing some painting and other minor things to get it sale-able. I would really like to rip up the linoleum and carpet and put in all new hardwood flooring. Of course that takes money, so we are praying for an increase there as well. Not only for that, but so we can be more useful in God’s Kingdom. The junior high youth leaders are moving down state, and we feel we’d be able to better minister to the youth living in Gaylord.
Please join us in our prayers and let me know if there’s anything I can pray with you for.
God bless you all!