This week I am at the Resurrection Life Church Leadership Conference in Grandville. It is so amazing! We just ended the first full day and the speakers and messages were amazing. I wanted to share the message from tonight’s last session with Chris Hodges from Church of the Highlands in Birmingham Alabama. The title is “7 Principles to Make it Through a Bad Day”. Basically, they are the 7 statements Jesus said on the cross which are 7 life principles for us to live by everyday.
1. “Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.” Forgive every person who is trying to ruin your life. When you carry that stuff around, the only person it hurts is you.
2. Jesus told the criminal on the cross next to him, “Today, you will be with me in paradise”. (Luke 23:43) Help others who are experiencing your same struggle.
3. In John 19:26, Jesus says to his mother, Mary: “Dear woman, here is your son.” Be sure to be sensitive to those closest to you…your spouse and your children. Don’t go to church and put on that happy face for everyone else, then go home and be mean or grumpy to your loved ones.
4. In Matt 27:46, Jesus calls out to God, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Until we get to heave there are some things we will never understand. (Job 42:2)
5. “I thirst” (John 19:28) Be Human enough to acknowledge your needs.
6. “It is finished” (John 19:30) Be assured there is a purpose and an end. (Romans 8:28)
7. “Father into your hands, I commit my Spirit (Luke 23:46). Finally, surrender your day to God and let it go.